Designed to expand employment possibilities and open doors in your current career, SUNY Poly has launched a fully online degree completion program to meet the educational needs of learners or professionals who have job obligations, service duties, or family responsibilities. This online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (Online BSBA) can be completed at a pace that fits your schedule. The flexibility enabled by the online environment empowers you to earn a BSBA degree from anywhere you need to be.
The Online BSBA is right for you if you have:*
- at least two years of full-time work experience or a part-time equivalent
- completed at least 45 semester credits at an accredited institution of higher education
- courses to transfer into the degree program that have a grade of C or better
*see below for complete admission criteria
To be admitted to the Online BSBA program, applicants need to meet all of the following requirements
- At least two years of full-time work experience, or part-time employment that is cumulatively equivalent to two or more years of full-time work experience. The work experience must be verifiable upon request. An updated resume is required. A brief statement of purpose is encouraged, but not required.
- Completion of at least 45 semester credits (hereafter referred to as credits) at an accredited institution of higher education.
- Courses transferred into the Online BSBA must have a grade of C or better.
The program is designed primarily for the student who has either an Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree or an Associate in Science (A.S.) degree or entering first-year students who meet SUNY Polytechnic Institute’s admissions criteria.
The B.S. degree will be granted to those students who satisfactorily complete at least 124 semester hours of college-level work (including lower division study) distributed as follows:
Arts and Science
(minimum 64 semester hours)
|Elements of Calculus (3 cr. minimum)||MAT 112||1 course|
|Statistics (3 cr. minimum)||STA 100||1 course|
|Lab Science (3 cr. minimum)||LSCI 000||1 course|
|Natural Science (3 cr. minimum)||NSC 001||1 course|
|Microeconomics (3 cr. minimum)||ECO 110||1 course|
|Macroeconomics(3 cr. minimum)||ECO 112||1 course|
|Basic Communication (upper division, 3 cr. minimum)||WCM 001||1 course|
|Upper Division Writing (3 cr. minimum)||COM 306||1 course|
|Computer Applications||CSC 000||1 course|
|Behavioral Science||BSCI 000||1 course|
|American History||AMH 001||1 course|
|Western Civilization||WCV 001||1 course|
|Other Civilizations||OCV 001||1 course|
|Humanities*||HUM 001||1 course|
|Arts||ART 001||1 course|
|Foreign Language||FLN 001||1 course|
|Arts/Science Electives (remainder of credits)||ASCI 000|
(minimum 48 semester hours)
|Financial Accounting (3 cr. minimum)||ACC 201||1 course|
|Managerial Accounting (3 cr. minimum)||ACC 205||1 course|
|Introduction to Business (3 cr. minimum)||BUS 101||1 course|
|Business Law (3 cr. minimum)||BUS 105||1 course|
|Finance Principles (3 cr. minimum)||FIN 302||1 course|
|Marketing Principles (3 cr. minimum)||MKT 301||1 course|
|Organization Behavior (3 cr. minimum)||MGT 307||1 course|
|Human Resource Management (3 cr. minimum)||MGT 318||1 course|
|Issues in Business & Society (3 cr. minimum)||BUS 451||1 course|
|Management Science (3 cr. minimum)||MGS 411||1 course|
|Management Policy (3 cr. minimum)||BUS 485||1 course|
|Business Elec/Specialization (remainder of credits)||BUSE 000|
|Unrestricted Electives (remainder of credits)||ELEC 000|
|Total Minimum 124|
*Written communication and technical writing courses do not fulfill this requirement.