SUNY Poly - University at Albany Partnership
Please note that SUNY Poly Albany campus students, in accordance with the University at Albany partnership and as occurred previously, will also be following the University at Albany testing protocol, to include PCR submission
For testing requirements before coming to campus and upon arrival at campus, read the information in "Return to Campus Safely – Testing and Isolation Requirements" on the What Students Should Know webpage.
Arrival to Campus 1/29 (New Students) and 2/1 (Returning Students):
- Everyone on campus must complete the daily screening questionnaire and temperature screening each day on campus.
- All students (newly enrolled, returning, and those with continued intersession access) will be required to participate in pooled surveillance testing at SUNY Poly’s Albany campus.
- This initial testing will provide a snapshot after the intersession and establish a baseline for the rest of the year; students will not need to obtain a test kit beforehand for this mandatory testing—just show up as specified.
- Please fill out the testing app prior to taking part in pooled testing.
- On-site testing will take place in NFE-1 (straight past the NFE first floor elevators after receiving your temperature screening and follow signs to the testing-view map). See schedule below.
- To ensure health and safety, classes will be taught remotely for the first week. Dining Services will be provided through the University at Albany and more specific information regarding hours of operation, etc. will be shared with students via email.
- Students who are unable to attend this initial pooled testing will be required to submit proof of a negative SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) PCR test result dated within 5 days of arrival to campus. The test must be a PCR molecular test (antigen and antibody tests will not be accepted). Results must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org within five days of the test being administered. Failure to comply will result in loss of access.
Spring 2021 Weekly Testing through the University at Albany:
- In addition to the initial pooled testing at SUNY Poly’s Albany campus, the weekly pooled surveillance testing program through the University at Albany will continue.
- Participation in this pooled testing is mandatory for those students needing access to campus and failure to comply will result in loss of campus and lab access and possible conduct charges.
- Please note that everyone on campus must complete the daily screening questionnaire and temperature screening each day on campus.
UAlbany Testing Kit Pickup
- For the Spring 2021 semester, pooled testing kits will be available for pickup in the Student Services Suite, NFS 309, Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The kits will be in a labeled box at the front of the suite on the reception desk. Please take one at a time, as needed.
UAlbany Testing Schedule
- Students must submit a testing sample to a UAlbany drop box each week in adherence to the following weekly schedule:
Last names A to D: Submit between noon Sunday and 9:30 a.m. Monday
Last names E to K: Submit between noon Monday and 8 a.m. Tuesday
Last names L to Q: Submit between noon Tuesday and 8 a.m. Wednesday
Last names R to Z: Submit between noon Wednesday and 8 a.m. Thursday
- If a student is not on campus for their scheduled testing day, they must submit a saliva sample the next time they are on campus.
- Students should not collect their saliva sample until the day they are coming to campus. Students can only drop off saliva samples between noon Sunday and 8 a.m. Thursday.
- There will be additional drop-off hours available to Albany campus students in the Student Services Suite, NFS 309. The weekly schedule will be shared with students prior to their arrival to campus.