Hello fellow students and faculty in Utica! The Learning Center has a remote tutoring plan in place to help everyone continue their learning for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester.
- Students will continue to schedule appointments through the TutorTrac system. If you have never used the system you will visit tutoring.sunypoly.edu and log in with your SITNET ID and password (the same as you use for Banner). Complete instructions can be found on our webpage sunypoly.edu/learningcenter
- When you schedule an appointment, the tutor will email you a Guest Link to join their Collaborate tutoring session in Blackboard. You do not need to log into Blackboard to attend the session. Simply click the Guest Link and you will be taken to the session.
- To ensure tutors have enough time to meet with all students who need extra help, appointments will remain as 1 hour long. Please attend your appointment fully prepared to ask specific questions of the tutor to make the most of your time.
- Most tutors will have the ability to write in either the whiteboard feature or OneNote. Students can also upload a pdf of work to share with the tutor in Collaborate. You and the tutor can discuss the work and make notations.
- You can use your phone to scan into pdf files
On Iphone use the Notes app. Here is one decent explanation on how to do it on iphone. https://9to5mac.com/2017/07/11/ios-11-how-to-scan-documents-notes-app/
On Android phone https://support.google.com/drive/answer/3145835?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
- In addition to appointments with tutors from the Learning Center, all undergraduate and graduate students have free access to NetTutor for online tutoring. There is no limit to the number of appointments and many classes not covered by the LC are offered. Some classes, like math, have 24/7 availability. Please see the information that follows! See below for more information.
Please send any comments or questions to email@example.com. This is a brand new way of tutoring for us and everyone’s patience and feedback will help it become a very successful program! Thank you!