Dear SUNY Poly Student: You may be eligible to receive Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) for the Spring 2023 semester.
Aid for Part-Time Study is part of the NYS TAP program and you could be eligible to receive up to $1,000 to help cover your tuition costs.
To qualify you must have completed the 2022-2023 NYS TAP application and:
- Be a United States citizen or eligible non citizen
- Be a legal resident of New York State
- Have graduated from a high school in the United States, earned a GED, or passed a federally approved “Ability to Benefit” test as defined by the Commissioner of the State Education Department
- Be a part-time student enrolled in at least 3 and no more than 11 credit hours
- Be matriculated in an approved program of study in a participating New York State secondary institution
- Be in good academic standing; Have achieved at least a cumulative “C” average after having received the equivalent of two full years of payment of state-sponsored student financial aid
- Be charged at least $100 tuition per year
- Not have exhausted Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) eligibility
- Not be in default on a Federal or State student loan or on any repayment of state awards
- Meet income eligibility limitations.
If interested, please complete the attached 2022-2023 APTS application and return it to the Financial Aid Office via email (email@example.com) or fax (315-792-7220). Applications MUST be submitted no later than Friday, December 16, 2022. Funding is limited and will be awarded on a first come basis.