Beginning with the Fall 2021 semester, SUNY Polytechnic will transition textbook services to a new bookstore model where you order your textbooks through a website and then have them delivered to you either by mail for physical books or by email for digital courseware. It will also have a selection of branded merchandise like branded clothing and memorabilia.
The new platform is designed to provide you with affordable course materials, convenience, and choice. Created in partnership with Akademos, Inc. and powered by TextbookX, the Online Bookstore simplifies the textbook ordering process for students and professors. Below are some essential Bookstore tips:
Where is the Online Bookstore? Students will be notified once the site is live and your are able to place orders for fall 2021.
How it will work: When you log in to the bookstore with your SITNET login, you will see a personalized page of the courses you registered for plus the course materials that your professors have assigned to them. You can then select from the new, used, rental, and eBook options available. You can also select from Marketplace options, which are sold by students around the country and other third-party sellers at heavily discounted prices.
What's different? Students should order their books in advance of the start of classes both to ensure they have them in time for the first day of class and to take advantage of the lowest prices available.
Delivery: You can deliver your course materials to your home or to campus. If you deliver to campus, you can pick your order up at SUNY Poly’s Bookstore.
SUNY Poly’s Bookstore: SUNY Polytechnic will continue to host an on-campus spirit store that will sell branded merchandise such as clothing, hats, and key chains in addition to school supplies, snacks, and other items. Please note, textbooks will NOT be for sale at the campus store, so please plan ahead for the upcoming academic terms by reviewing and ordering the course materials you will need at the beginning of the semester.
Bookstore benefits for students:
- Log in to see a personalized page showing the courses you're registered for and the corresponding course materials.
- Select from a variety of textbook formats including new, used, eBook, and rental.
- Shop from the Marketplace, where you can save an average of 60% off list price.
- Price match guarantee on new books.
- A selection of branded clothing and memorabilia.
- Ability to use approved-financial aid funds to pay for textbooks.
- Choose from free delivery options for select orders over $49 (not including Marketplace items).
- Post your old textbooks for sale on the website's Marketplace (you name the price).