- Doctoral Student in Sustainable Energy, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, 2019-present
- Master of Science in Environmental Engineering, Syracuse University, 2004
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology; minor in Environmental Issues, Colorado College, 2001
- Arc Performance Pro, U.S. Green Building Council, 2020
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional in Building Design & Construction, US Green Building Council, 2014-present
- Certified Campus Sustainability Leader, University of Vermont, Institute for Global Sustainability, 2011
Areas of Study
- Doctoral dissertation: Market and Policy Drivers of Innovation in Green Buildings
- Experiential sustainability education
- Campus sustainability operations
- BIO 106: Solutions for a Sustainable World
- BIO 275: Microbiology
- IDS 251: Principles of Green Buildings
- BIO 300: Ecology
- CE/ME 448: Green Building Strategies: LEED Lab
- SUNY Performance Improvement Fund. 2018. Green Building LEED Certification by Student Experiential Learning. PI: Mark Bremer. CO-PIs: Paul Crovella, Rachel Kornhauser. $578,203 awarded.
- SUNY Innovation in Instructional Technology Grant. 2013. Integration of Virtual and Real Equipment Learning Tools Related to Sustainability Education. PI: Mark Bremer. Co-PIs: Philip Hofmeyer, Glenn Van Knowe, Ibrahim Yucel, Xinchao Wei, Christopher Urban, Kenneth Waight, Robert Keesee, Brain Hong-An Tang, Elizabeth Rossi. $15k awarded, $5k match.
- SUNY Research Foundation Small Grant Sustainability Fund. 2013. Building a “Sustainability Path” at SUNYIT – An Integrated Approach to Sustainability and Engineering Student Design. PI: Xinchao Wei. Co-PIs: F. Andrew Wolfe, Mason H. Somerville, Mark A. Bremer. $5k awarded, $2,500 match.
- Bremer, Mark; Frisa, Emily; Maccarone, Rachelle; Seif, Daniel. Campus Forest Carbon Sequestration: An Undergraduate Project Experience. Journal of Sustainability Education (Invited to Resubmit)
- Bremer, Mark; Darling, Ryan; Polhemus Jr., Gary. Greenhouse Gas Emissions Inventory Report of the State University of New York Institute of Technology Utica/Rome. December 15, 2011.
- Vaughan, Christopher; Bremer, Mark and Fiona Dear. Scarlet Macaw (Ara macao)(Pssitaciformes: Psittacidae) Parental Nest Visitation in Costa Rica: Implications for Research and Conservation. International Journal of Tropical Biology and Conservation. Vol. 57 (1-2): March-June 2009.
- Bremer, Mark A. 2004. Indicators of Acid Stress in Northeastern Forest Soil Methane-Oxidizing Communities. Master of Science Thesis at Syracuse University.