FREE and OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
2018 Manufacturing Day
Friday, October 12 • 8:30 am - 11:30 am
Wildcat Field House • 100 Seymour Road • Utica, NY
List of 2018 Exhibitors (pdf)
Interactive Displays of Products/Technology from NYS Manufacturers
Educational Programs to Prepare Our Workforce
NEW THIS YEAR!!
The Office of Career Services at SUNY Poly is excited to bring you the first ever Manufacturing Recruitment Day. This event will take place in conjunction with Manufacturing Day, on Friday October 12 from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm (after the morning Expo). This will be an opportunity for employers to connect directly with SUNY Poly students.
Employers participating in the Manufacturing Recruitment Day will be able to post their internship and job opportunities on the Career Services’ Purple Briefcase site prior to the event. The office will promote the event and positions to students. Once for students to apply to the various roles there will be an opportunity for the employer to schedule an on campus interview day to interview the students who meet the qualifications for the role.
For more information on the event contact the Office of Career Services at 315-792-7165.
Manufacturers Exhibiting at Last Year's Expo
Educational / Workforce Development / Supporting Partners Exhibiting at Last Year's Expo
Did you know…
- According to a Deloitte analysis done in 2015, based upon data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and Gallup Survey, over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will be needed and it is expected that 2 million will go unfilled due to the skills gap.
- In 2015, the average manufacturing worker in the United States earned $81,289 annually, including pay and benefits. The average worker in all nonfarm industries earned $63,830.
- Manufacturing offers diverse career opportunities:
Kate Alcott, Associate Director Northeast Advanced Technological Education Center (NEATEC) SUNY Polytechnic Institute firstname.lastname@example.org 315-792-7549
Want more information about manufacturing?
- Changing Public Perceptions of Manufacturing
- Inspiring the Next Generation of Manufacturers
- An Introduction to Manufacturing Careers