- To provide an enriched learning environment with programs designed to foster academic achievement, leadership and a positive adjustment to academic and student life at the Institute.
- To promote and create structured experiential learning opportunities, and encourage graduate school and career exploration.
- To raise the visibility of EOP at the Institute to historically underrepresented and economically disadvantaged students at two-year colleges.
- To promote the improvement of grade point averages (GPA’s) with an eye toward attaining academic excellence.
- To encourage students to become involved in on-campus leadership opportunities.
- That incoming students will experience a favorable transition to the Institute.
- That students graduate and enroll in graduate school or become gainfully employed in a field related to their course of study.
- To assist with the enhancement of the Institute’s minority and economically disadvantaged student recruitment initiatives.