MET students may join chapters of the following professional societies:
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- SAE – Society of Automotive Engineers
- SME – Society of Manufacturing Engineers
- SWE – Society for Woman Engineers
- ASQ – American Society for Quality
Recent activities of these clubs include the SAE Baja project, where students design and build a single-passenger off-road vehicle for the regional race and design competition. Members of the ASME club have participated at regional and international design competitions.