MS Information Design & Technology
To be considered for admission, all applicants to the MS Information Design & Technology program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college with an average of B or better (a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 point scale). Lower GPAs will be considered if the student has a strong portfolio, related experience, or does well as a non-matriculated student.
Application Materials Checklist
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502:
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcript(s) from colleges previously attended
- Two academic or professional Reference Report Forms**
- Share this link if you would like your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Educational Objective Statement
- Samples of your academic or professional work. Examples include: a research paper or white paper, article, digital projects, websites, graphic design projects, or a portfolio that shows the kind of work you do. You can submit a link to a portfolio site, or submit individual items as PDF documents to email@example.com. (Do NOT send in hard copies of your items.)
*The application fee is waived for military veterans, active-duty military, reserve and guard members, and their spouses and dependents; SUNY Poly alumni; and current matriculated students.
**A non-matriculated student who takes an IDT course and earns a B+ or better may not need to submit the reference report forms when applying to enter the program.