S. Jayne Baran
Jayne Baran is currently an Associate Professor at the State University of New York Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly). She earned her bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from Oklahoma State University and a master’s degree in Civil Engineering from University of Washington.
As a project engineering at Stetson-Harza she performed preliminary design studies for several New York State Department of Transportation projects, including the evaluation of horizontal and vertical alignments, as well as development of typical sections, drainage design, and cost estimates. In addition she prepared storm water pollution prevention control plans and worked on several hydroelectric power plant licenses.
- M.S. Civil Engineering, University of Washington (1989)
- B.S. Civil Engineering, Oklahoma State University (1983)
Areas of Interest
- Highway Design
- Water Quality
- Renewable Energy/Sustainability
- SUNY Poly, Associate Professor, Civil Engineering Technoogy (2002-2019)
- SUNY Poly, Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering Technology (1995-2002)
- Stetson-Harza, Consulting, Utica (1989-1995)
- Texas State Department of Highways and Public Transportation (1984-1986)