News Release: FMCC and SUNY Polytechnic Institute Announce New Transfer Agreements
JOHNSTOWN AND UTICA, N.Y. – Fulton-Montgomery Community College (FMCC) President Greg Truckenmiller, along with SUNY Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly) Acting President Tod A. Laursen, recently signed eight transfer articulation agreements with SUNY Poly, which allow FMCC graduates to seamlessly transfer to SUNY Poly for the following majors:
- A.S. Computer Science earned at FMCC transfers to the B.S. in Computer + Information Science at SUNY Poly
- A.A.S. Computer Information Systems earned at FMCC transfers to a B.S. Computer Information Systems at SUNY Poly
- A.A.S. Electrical Technology earned at FMCC transfers to a B.S. in Electrical Engineering Technology at SUNY Poly
- A.A.S. Nursing earned at FMCC transfers to a B.S. in Nursing at SUNY Poly
- A.S. Business Administration earned at FMCC transfers to a B.S. in Business Administration at SUNY Poly
- A.A.S. Business Management earned at FMCC transfers to a B.S. in Business Administration at SUNY Poly
- A.S. Computer Networking & Cybersecurity earned at FMCC transfers to a B.S. in Network + Computer Security at SUNY Poly
- A.A.S. Health Information Records Management earned at FMCC transfers to a B.P.S. in Health Information Management at SUNY Poly
FMCC provides a great gateway to achieving an Associate’s degree with the opportunity to transfer all credits earned to gain a four-year degree by partnering with other colleges. Per Dr. Truckenmiller, “This is a great example of how community colleges provide outstanding educational opportunities to students who want to stay close to home, earn an associate’s degree, and then transfer to further their education at a four-year institution. We are so pleased to announce these opportunities to our community members.”
“SUNY Poly is excited to continue our longstanding relationship with Fulton-Montgomery Community College,” said Dr. Laursen. “We are proud this collaboration offers students the ability to seamlessly transfer to earn bachelor’s degrees at SUNY Poly as they complete their studies within the SUNY system.”
For more information on how these agreements work or to apply to FMCC for admission, please contact the Admissions office at 518-736.3622, ext. 8301.
SUNY Fulton-Montgomery Community College is located at the crossroads of the Mohawk Valley and Capital regions in Johnstown, NY. FM is dedicated to providing students with a quality education in an environment that nurtures success. With over 35 degree and certificate programs, we offer small classes, individualized attention and many diverse programs. Our campus is multifaceted, from our accredited health degrees, to our strong Technology programs. Our Individual Studies programs produce a continual workforce pipeline to our various industries and businesses within our region.
About SUNY Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly)
SUNY Poly is New York’s globally recognized, high-tech educational ecosystem. SUNY Poly offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in the emerging disciplines of nanoscience and nanoengineering, as well as cutting-edge nanobioscience programs at its Albany campus, and undergraduate and graduate degrees in technology, including engineering, cybersecurity, computer science, and the engineering technologies; professional studies, including business, communication, and nursing; and arts and sciences, including natural sciences, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences at its Utica campus; thriving athletic, recreational, and cultural programs, events, and activities complement the campus experience. As the world’s most advanced, university-driven research enterprise, SUNY Poly boasts billions of dollars in high-tech investments and hundreds of corporate partners since its inception. For information visit www.sunypoly.edu.