SUNY POLY: Statement of Facts Regarding Buffalo Innovation
For Release: Immediate – September 21, 2015
Contact: Jerry Gretzinger, Vice President of Strategic Communications and Public Relations
(518) 956-7359 | email@example.com
Statement of Facts Regarding Buffalo Innovation Projects
ALBANY, NY - In light of recent reports in certain media outlets, SUNY Polytechnic Institute (SUNY Poly) states the following facts:
- As a public SUNY institution, all funding and contracts to SUNY Poly and its expenditures are subject to the same approvals, rules, regulations, and oversight as any other New York government agency. This includes public and transparent review and oversight by all appropriate state agencies including the New York State Division of the Budget, Empire State Development, the State University of New York, the New York State Comptroller, and the Attorney General.
- Alain Kaloyeros is a New York State public employee subject to and in compliance with all state rules and oversight, including SUNY and JCOPE.
- The RFP process for the Buffalo Billion was open and transparent and was made public nearly a year ago, as demonstrated in the story published in the Buffalo News on December 17, 2014 ( see the link and pdf attached).
- The SUNY Poly economic innovation model is open, transparent, and successful, as demonstrated by the hundreds of media reports on its structure, process, and results, including the following: