Out-of-State New Transfer Scholarships
SUNY Poly awards several scholarships each year to our most outstanding and deserving transfer students. Scholarships vary in amount and benefit students in many ways. Scholarships provide financial aid to students to help pursue their educational goals.
High-achieving transfer applicants are considered for various scholarship awards. Award amounts are based on academic merit. These scholarships are renewable for up to three years for students who meet and maintain eligibility.
Transfer Achievement Scholarship Award Levels (award levels are subject to change)
- Wildcat Gold
- $8,000 per year (Overall GPA of 3.5 – 4.0)
- Wildcat Blue
- $7,000 per year (Overall GPA of 3.0 – 3.49)
To be considered for a SUNY Poly transfer achievement scholarship, a complete admissions application must be received. No additional application is needed.
What Are the Scholarship Rules?
- Only new incoming transfer students are considered for SUNY Poly transfer achievement scholarships.
- These awards are reserved for out-of-state transfer students who are enrolling in an in-person program that meets on-campus in Utica or Albany.
- Out-of-state transfer students who are enrolling in a fully online program pay a reduced tuition rate therefore are eligible for our in-state Transfer Achievement Scholarships.
- Transfer achievement scholarships may be renewed for a maximum of three years/six full-time undergraduate semesters if eligibility is maintained.
- Review our Scholarship Policy for details.
For more than 100 years, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society has helped millions of high-achieving college students reach their full potential. PTK has a presence on approximately 1,300 community college campuses in 11 nations. PTK recognizes the academic achievement of college students and provides opportunities for its members to grow as scholars and leaders. SUNY Poly is proud to partner with PTK and honor deserving students.
- $500 award available to members of Phi Theta Kappa. (Awarded in addition to the Transfer Achievement Scholarship.)
To verify your PTK membership for scholarship consideration, submit one of the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload to your application status portal:
- Official college transcripts with membership listing
- Letter from PTK advisor
- Copy of membership card
- Copy of induction certificate
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) and SUNY Polytechnic Institute have established a merit-based scholarship to assist deserving students who have been part of a high school FIRST team and plan to attend SUNY Poly. The FIRST Scholarship is renewable for up to two years for those who meet and maintain eligibility.
Applicants who possess the following criteria will be given consideration.
- Minimum GPA of: 3.0
- Amount of involvement in FIRST
- Major in any STEM program
- This scholarship requires an additional application.
The Wolfspeed Scholarship at SUNY Polytechnic Institute will be awarded to students who are committed to working hard, willing to collaborate, and have a passion for innovation.
The Wolfspeed Scholarship will help close the opportunity gap for historically underserved or marginalized communities while simultaneously supporting the need to educate and train tomorrow’s high-tech workforce.
Select students accepted to SUNY Poly in the following STEM programs will be invited to apply.
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Nanoscale Engineering
- Network & Computer Security
We strongly encourage you to research other scholarships that you may be eligible for through Fastweb, the largest and most complete scholarship database on the Internet. You can search more than 400,000 scholarships, fellowships, grants and loans with Fastweb’s customizable filters and search criteria.
Additional external scholarship resources + search engines include: