Admission to all SUNY Poly CNSE graduate programs requires an earned baccalaureate degree or equivalent in the physical, chemical, biological, or computer sciences, mathematics, or engineering. A minimum GPA of 3.0 (out of a maximum of 4.0) is strongly recommended.
Application Materials Checklist
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcripts from colleges previously attended
- Three academic or professional Reference Report Forms (Faculty can also include letters of recommendation with the report form)
- Share this link if you would like your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Statement of Purpose Form
- Résumé (can be submitted via email to email@example.com)
- Submission of a GRE General Test score is strongly recommended but not required. CNSE evaluates all aspects of the application therefore a minimum score is not identified. (The SUNY Poly school code for score reporting is 2896)
*The application fee is waived for military veterans, active-duty military, reserve and guard members, and their spouses and dependents; SUNY Poly alumni; and current matriculated students.
International applicants are required to submit the following additional materials:
- Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit an official score report for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) demonstrating a minimum score of 100 (internet-based), 250 (computer-based) or 600 (paper-based) OR the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) minimum score of 7.5.
- Complete financial affidavit form with appropriate certification.