Transfer Student Scholarships (NYS Residents)
SUNY Poly awards several scholarships each year to our most outstanding and deserving students. Scholarships vary in amount and benefit students in many ways. Scholarships provide financial aid to students to help pursue their educational goals.
Not a NYS Resident? Learn more about our out-of-state scholarships for new transfer students.
High-achieving transfer applicants are considered for merit scholarship at the time of application. Award amounts are based on academic merit. These scholarships are renewable up to three years for students who meet and maintain eligibility.
Transfer Achievement Scholarship Award Levels (award levels are subject to change)
- $1,500/year (Overall GPA of 3.5 - 4.0)
- $1,000/year (Overall GPA of 3.0 - 3.49)
To be considered for a SUNY Poly merit scholarship, a complete admissions application must be received and planning to enroll full-time. No additional scholarship application required.
What Are the Scholarship Rules?
- Only new incoming students are considered for SUNY Poly transfer achievement scholarships.
- Must be enrolled full-time
- Scholarships may be renewed for a maximum of three years/six full-time undergraduate semesters if eligibility is maintained.
- Review our Scholarship Policy for details.
For more than 100 years, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society has helped millions of high-achieving college students reach their full potential. PTK has a presence on approximately 1,300 community college campuses in 11 nations. PTK recognizes the academic achievement of college students and provides opportunities for its members to grow as scholars and leaders. SUNY Poly is proud to partner with PTK and honor deserving students.
To be considered for a Phi Theta Kappa Award:
- A complete admissions application must be submitted
- Have been awarded a Transfer Achievement Scholarship Award
- Must enroll at full-time status
- Verify your PTK membership
If awarded the PTK scholarship student will receive an additional $500 on top of your transfer achievement award.
To verify your PTK membership for scholarship consideration, submit one of the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or upload to your application status portal:
- Official college transcripts with membership listing
- Letter from PTK advisor
- Copy of membership card
- Copy of induction certificate
The Naseem and Sala Qazi Scholarship will be awarded to an undergraduate student who:
- is academically disadvantaged
- demonstrates financial need by filing a FAFSA and qualifying for a Pell award
Preference will be given to applicants who are enrolled in a STEM program, as well as to those applicants who have a refugee background.
Scholarship recipients can be considered for a renewal upon completion of a new application each year.
Application opens February 1 each year with a submission deadline of March 1. Awards will be announced in early April.
The Excelsior Scholarship program, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students who are New York State residents, and whose families earn $125,000 or less annually to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.
The Wolfspeed Scholarship at SUNY Polytechnic Institute will be awarded to students who are committed to working hard, willing to collaborate, and have a passion for innovation.
The Wolfspeed Scholarship will help close the opportunity gap for historically underserved or marginalized communities while simultaneously supporting the need to educate and train tomorrow’s high-tech workforce.
Select students accepted to SUNY Poly in the following STEM programs will be invited to apply.
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Nanoscale Engineering
- Network & Computer Security
We strongly encourage you to research other scholarships that you may be eligible for through Fastweb, the largest and most complete scholarship database on the Internet. You can search more than 400,000 scholarships, fellowships, grants and loans with Fastweb’s customizable filters and search criteria.
Additional external scholarship resources + search engines include:
- College Board
- eduPass (For international students)
- Institute of International Education (For international students)
- International Education Financial Aid (For international students)
- New York State Scholarship Programs
- ScholarSHPE (Leading Hispanics in STEM)
- Islamic Society of North America