SUNY Poly awards several scholarships each year to our most outstanding and deserving students. Scholarships vary in amount and benefit students in many ways. Scholarships provide financial aid to students to help pursue their educational goals.
Transfer Student Scholarships
High-achieving transfer applicants are considered for various scholarship awards. Award amounts are based on academic merit. These scholarships are renewable up to two years for students who meet and maintain eligibility.
Transfer Achievement Scholarship Award Levels (award levels are subject to change)
- $2,000 (GPA of 3.8 - 4.0)
- $1,000 (GPA of 3.50 - 3.79)
- $500 (GPA of 3.25 - 3.49)
To be considered for a SUNY Poly merit scholarship, a complete admissions application must be received by January 1 for a fall start and October 1 for a spring start. No additional application is needed.
For more than 100 years, Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society has helped millions of high-achieving college students reach their full potential. PTK has a presence on approximately 1,300 community college campuses in 11 nations. PTK recognizes the academic achievement of college students and provides opportunities for its members to grow as scholars and leaders. SUNY Poly is proud to partner with PTK and honor deserving students.
- $500 award available to members of Phi Theta Kappa. (Awarded in addition to the Transfer Achievement Scholarship.)
Submit ONE of the following items to either firstname.lastname@example.org or you can upload your document into your status portal for verification of membership for consideration:
- Official college transcripts with membership listing
- Letter from PTK advisor
- Copy of membership card
- Copy of induction certificate
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) and SUNY Polytechnic Institute have established a merit-based scholarship to assist deserving students who have been part of a high school FIRST team and plan to attend SUNY Poly.
The FIRST Scholarship is renewable for up to two years for those who meet and maintain eligibility.
Applicants who possess the following criteria will be given consideration.
- Minimum GPA of: 3.2
- Amount of involvement in FIRST
- Major in any STEM program
This scholarship requires an additional application which must be submitted by the deadline of January 1.
The Excelsior Scholarship program, in combination with other student financial aid programs, allows students who are New York State residents, and whose families earn $125,000 or less annually to attend a SUNY or CUNY college tuition-free.
The Cree | Wolfspeed Scholarship at SUNY Polytechnic Institute will be awarded to students who are committed to working hard, willing to collaborate, and have a passion for innovation.
The Cree | Wolfspeed Scholarship will help close the opportunity gap for historically underserved or marginalized communities while simultaneously supporting the need to educate and train tomorrow’s high-tech workforce.
Select students accepted to SUNY Poly in the following STEM programs will be invited to apply.
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Nanoscale Engineering
- Network & Computer Security
What Are the Scholarship Rules?
- Only new incoming students are considered for SUNY Poly transfer achievement scholarships.
- Scholarships are applied toward tuition only, unless otherwise noted in the scholarship offer letter.
- Scholarships may be renewed for a maximum of two years/four full-time undergraduate semesters if eligibility is maintained.
- Review our Scholarship Policy for details.
- October 1: New applicants can begin submitting their FAFSA for the following academic year.
- October 1: Deadline to submit a complete admissions application for scholarship consideration for a spring start term.
- January 1: Deadline to submit a complete admissions application for scholarship consideration for a fall start term.
- May 1: Deposit deadline for admitted students.