Institutional Merit Scholarships for Transfer Students (New York State Residents)
SUNY Polytechnic offers several types of scholarships for high achieving transfer students. To be considered for a merit scholarship, a complete application for admission must be received by March 1 for fall admission, and October 1 for spring admission. Only applicants who have applied for full-time study (12 credits or more) will be considered.
Transfer Achievement Scholarship
- $2,000 (GPA of 3.6-4.0) or $1,000 (GPA of 3.2-3.59) based on completion of 30 college credits.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- $1,000 (GPA of 3.6-4.0) or $500 (GPA of 3.2-3.59)
- Available to members of Phi Theta Kappa. (Awarded in addition to the Transfer Achievement Scholarship.)
- Submit ONE of the following items to email@example.com for verification of membership:
- Official college transcripts with membership listing
- Letter from PTK advisor
- Copy of membership card
- Copy of induction certificate
Additional Transfer Student Scholarships:
FIRST (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology) and SUNY Polytechnic Institute have established a scholarship to assist deserving students who have been part of a high school FIRST team and plan to attend SUNY Poly.
Awards range up to $1,000 per year for up to four years. Consideration will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- Minimum GPA of: 3.2
- Amount of involvement in FIRST
- Major in any STEM program
- Deadline: February 1
Apply Now: FIRST Scholarship