About the Search
To the SUNY Poly Community,
On behalf of the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Presidential Search Committee, I am proud to announce a national search for SUNY Poly’s next President has begun. As this process advances, we will share relevant public information on these presidential search web pages. I hope you find this helpful for staying informed about the progress being made.
Representing our diverse and vibrant institution, our committee was selected in accordance with SUNY’s presidential search policy and guidelines (pdf) and is focused on enabling a thorough search process that will result in a new president who will further foster academic and research excellence, drive the types of innovation-focused opportunities SUNY Poly is known for, and engage the community through leadership that exemplifies integrity and transparency, with a clear vision of an exciting future for this institution.
After a competitive bidding process following New York State procurement rules, the SUNY Poly Presidential Search Committee retained the services of Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates, LP, an executive search firm with expertise in academic searches, the development of recruitment materials, and the identification of appropriate candidates for the position.
As we commence this process and work toward SUNY Poly’s exciting next chapter, we look forward to any comments or suggestions you may have, which can be submitted to PresidentialSearch@sunypoly.edu.
Donald W. Hanson, Ph.D.
SUNY Polytechnic Institute Presidential Search Committee Chair
SUNY Polytechnic Institute College Council Chair
- George Aney, SUNY Poly Council
- Gretchen Arnold, SUNY Poly Council
- Anita Brown, ’98, MA ’08, SUNY Poly Foundation
- Darlene Burns, SUNY Poly Council
- Timothy Busch, Faculty Representative (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- Nathaniel Cady, Faculty Representative (Nanobioscience)
- Robert Edgell, Faculty Representative (Technology Management)
- Donald Hanson, SUNY Poly Council and Search Committee Chair
- Tod Laursen, SUNY Provost, Chancellor’s Designee
- J. Andres Melendez, Interim Dean, College of Nanoscale Science and Engineering
- Mark Montgomery, ’00, Alumni Representative
- Melissa Prest, Member of the Professional/Support Staff (EOP and Multicultural Affairs)
- Susan Sharfstein, Faculty Representative (Nanobioscience)
- Zora Thomova, Faculty Representative (Mathematics)
- Emma Vanderwerken, Student Representative
- Linda Weber, Faculty Representative (Sociology)
- Campus Liaison - Michael Frame
- Campus Support Staff - Laurie Hartman
- Chancellor’s Staff - Zulaika Rodriguez, Paul Patton
- Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
Founded in 2007 to specialize in senior-level higher education search, Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates works with colleges and universities across the country. Since 2007 they have led more than 200 searches at the level of president/chancellor. The company has placed senior leaders, including vice presidents and vice chancellors, provosts and deans, at colleges and universities, small and large, public and private, in 47 states. For more about the company, visit their website.