CGAM offers students the opportunity to engage with various manufacturing processes. The facilities range from additive manufacturing with 3D printers and injection molding to machine tooling using CNC. CGAM is an inter-regional, industry-led, public/private partnership, nonprofit organization dedicated to enabling manufacturing innovation and engaging academic institutions.
What is CGAM’s purpose or mission?
CGAM will support the over 2400 manufacturing firms in the Hudson and Mohawk Valley Regions by providing technology and business support services to improve competitiveness, thus enabling the sector's growth, and sustainability
- Lower cost &/or improve quality of products
- Provide technical/operational expertise and support to improve manufacturing process(es)
- Provide access to academic/research partners to solve problems
- Provide access to Equipment Characterization Lab
- Develop cost-saving cloud-based computer applications targeted at SME's
- Enable commercialization of New Products
- Adopt innovative technologies
- Facilitate workforce training
- Provide business support
CGAM will help to:
Capture the economic, societal, and global benefits of the manufacturing resurgence for small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) by enabling SME manufacturers to:
- Sustain/grow current business models
- Improve global competitiveness
- Perform product evaluation
- Develop and commercialize new product lines
- Access top-notch NYS academic research facilities
- Attract and train skilled craft workers to fill newly created jobs
- Deliver these benefits to residents and businesses of NYS, helping to create and retain good jobs
- Attract new SME manufacturers to region
What services will CGAM offer?
This one stop manufacturing “center of excellence “will offer the following services:
- Equipment Characterization Laboratory
- Business services
- Research opportunities
What regions are involved?
Initially, CGAM represents a partnership between the Hudson Valley and the Mohawk Valley.