Faculty FAQs

Below you will find answers to questions frequently asked by faculty 

  • Arts and Sciences - Donovan Hall, 2123 phone: (315) 792-7389
  • Business - Donovan Hall 1101, phone: (315) 792-7337
  • Engineering
    Donovan Hall 1191, phone: (315) 792-7234
    Kunsela Hall C130,  phone: (315) 792-7354
  • Health Sciences - Donovan Hall 1143, phone: (315) 792-7295
  • Nanoscale Sciences -  Albany
  • Nanoscale Engineering and Technology Innovation - Albany
  • Textbooks and course materials can be submitted through the SUNY Poly Online Bookstore portal.
  • The bookstore has provided help videos which can be viewed here.
  • For further information or questions, log in to the SUNY Poly Online Bookstore with your SITNetID account and then click "Help" on the left-hand navigation to send an email to SUNY Poly's dedicated bookstore client success manager.
  • Call the appropriate departmental office by no later than 2 p.m. for a next day cancellation.
  • When possible, notify students using the Banner “e-mail the class” function regarding cancellation and alternate assignment, if any.
  • To cancel class after 4 p.m., or if you cannot contact a college office, contact University Police at (315) 792-7106 and leave a voice mail for the college office.
  • A class cancellation will be posted on Banner, a notice will be posted outside the classroom, and students will be notified by email that the class meeting has been cancelled.  

Complete the Change of Grade form using only Internet Explorer to notify the Registrar's Office of the change of grade. This form requires authentication with a SITNet ID.

Fulltime faculty should be able to use their SUNY Poly ID card on the card swipe on Donovan Hall 1195. Please sign out any files that you have taken, and return files promptly. If your ID card does not work, please contact your department staff. You will need to provide your ISO number which is found on the front of your SUNY Poly ID card.

  • For under enrolled classes: Ask the student to send you an email identifying the course by CRN and subject, and including their nine-character SUNY Poly U-number (available on Banner and on the Student's ID card). Forward the student's email to your department secretary. When the permission has been entered, you and the student will receive an email with instructions for completing registration.
  • For SF (Section Full) or closed classes: Permission of the Departmental Chair is required.
Send an email to your Department Chair requesting a change of room assignment. Include full course information (CRN, Subject, Course Code) and reason for change in your email. The Registrar's Office will try to accommodate your request, but the change is not guaranteed

You can obtain travel authorization forms from departmental staff. Complete your travel request and submit it to your Department Chair. Following your approved travel, complete your travel reimbursement forms, available from department staff, to process your travel and obtain reimbursement.

  • Full-time faculty: Mailbox locations have not changed from the previous semester.
  • Adjunct and part-time faculty: Mail is delivered to your departmental office. 
  • Full-time faculty: Methods of distributing paychecks and paystubs have not changed from Spring 2022 semester.
  • Adjunct and part-time faculty: paychecks and paystubs can be picked up in the Human Resources Office in Kunsela Hall between 8:30 and 4:30 p.m. If you prefer to have your paycheck or paystub mailed to your home address, please send an email to Caitlin Dempsey in the Human Resources Office with your request.
  • All faculty are encouraged to complete and submit a Direct Deposit form, available as pdf or fillable pdf
Office supplies for faculty are available in the departmental offices.

A small number of copies (fewer than 10) can be made on locally-accessible copy machines located in mail rooms in Donovan Hall. Requests to print more than 10 copies can be sent to the print shop via email to quickcopy@sunypoly.edu. Include in your email the name of your department, the number of copies, and special instructions. You can pick up your copies at the Print Shop (Kunsela Hall) or have your copies delivered via campus mail.

Faculty may scan and email documents using the machines located in your departmental office and elsewhere in the building.

Contact textbook publishers directly through their Web sites to order desk copies.

Please use the Faculty/Staff Directory form to update your content. If you already have an existing page, please only complete areas needing updating. If you do not have a directory page, complete as much information as possible.

Based college allocations, faculty equipment requests should be submitted to, evaluated by, and approved by your college dean.







Request More Information

Detailed information, brochures and forms can be mailed to you upon request.


Let's Start The Process     

Complete and submit your application to SUNY Polytechnic Institute.