Application Deadline: February 1
Every effort will be made to provide students with both necessary and desired clinical experiences.
The Department of Nursing & Health Professions is authorized by the New York State Education Department to offer a post-master’s Certificate for Advanced Study in Family Nurse Practitioner to registered nurses who already possess both baccalaureate and master’s degrees in nursing from accredited programs.
The CAS in Nursing with a major in Family Nurse Practitioner consists of 36 credit hours:
- NUR 531 Family Theory (2 credits)
- NUR 555 Clinical Pharmacology (3 credits)
- NUR 566 Advanced Health Assessment (3 credits)
- NUR 567 Advanced Health Assessment Clinical (2 credits)
- NUR 570 Clinical Pathophysiology (3 credits)
- NUR 572 Family Health Promotion & Disease Prevention Across the Lifespan (3 credits)
- NUR 580 Beginning Level Family Clinical (2 credits)
- NUR 652 Family Primary Health Care I (3 credits)
- NUR 658 Women’s Health Care (2 credits)
- NUR 668 Family Primary Health Care II (4 credits)
- NUR 670 Intermediate Level Family Clinical (3 credits)
- NUR 680 Advanced Level Family Clinical (4 credits)
- NUR 692 Culminating Seminar for Nurse Practitioners (2 credits)
The faculty realize that students in the post-master’s certificate programs will come with a variety of backgrounds and experience. Students will need to meet with an adviser early in the course of study to determine specific clinical needs.
Please note: This program requires an internship, field experience, study abroad component, or clinical experience requirement. Students who have previously been convicted of a felony are advised that their prior criminal history may impede their ability to complete the requirements of certain academic programs and/or to meet licensure requirements for certain professions. If applicants have concerns about this matter please contact the Vice President for Student Affairs Office at (315) 792-7505.