DNP in PMHNP Program Learning Outcomes
The DNP graduate students upon completion of the program will:
- Embody a curiosity for and engage in creative solutions with evidence-based initiatives to mitigate the challenges in practice, education and leadership.
- Assure the individual’s rights to self-directed healthcare is at the center of all practice, education and leadership decisions.
- Represent the values, norms, and mores of the nursing profession with commitment and veracity in practice roles.
- Advance clinical practice decisions and health outcomes based on a specialized body of knowledge in psychiatric and mental health services for individuals, aggregates, and populations.
- Advocate for healthcare policy to mitigate challenges within underserved, vulnerable populations.
- Assure the efficacy of information technologies and communication networks to improve practice decisions and population health outcomes.
- Collaborate across interprofessional teams to analyze occupational, epidemiological, and environmental data and clinical prevention approaches to improve population health outcomes.