To be considered for admission, all applicants to the MS Accountancy program must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited university or college. Applicants without a baccalaureate degree in accounting will be required to complete prerequisite undergraduate coursework to prepare for the graduate level courses.
The Department of Business Management follows the AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) recommended admission guidelines:
A total of 1,000 points based on 200 x undergraduate GPA + GMAT Score. The minimum GMAT score required for admission consideration is 400.
Application Materials Checklist
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502:
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcripts from colleges previously attended
- Official GMAT score report**
- One academic or professional Reference Report Form
- Résumé (can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
* The application fee is waived for: U.S. Veterans | SUNY Poly alumni & current matriculated undergraduate students
**Learn about the GMAT and waiver opportunities.
Application Deadlines: July 1 for fall admission | December 1 for spring admission
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials have been received by the deadline.
SUNY Poly reserves the right to close admission at any time prior to the application deadlines.