To be considered for admission, all applicants to the MS Advanced Technology program must possess a baccalaureate degree with a major in engineering, engineering technology, or a closely related field. Applicants from other fields will be considered on an individual basis and must complete appropriate prerequisite coursework OR demonstrate proficiency. Applicants must generally have an undergraduate average of B or better (a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale). The GRE General test is not required, but may be used when applicants do not meet the admission criteria.
Applicants not meeting the above admission criteria will be considered on an individual basis.Applicants with deficiencies in any area may be required to take appropriate prerequisite coursework beyond the 30 graduate credit hours required for the MS program. Required prerequisite coursework will be identified at the time of admission and will be built into the student’s plan of study.
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502:
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcripts from colleges previously attended
- One academic or professional Reference Report Form
- Share this link if you would like your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Résumé (can be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
* The application fee is waived for: U.S. Veterans | SUNY Poly alumni & current matriculated undergraduate students
Application Deadline: July 1 for fall admission | December 1 for spring admission
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all application materials have been received by the deadline.