Fall start only. Spring admission is not available.
Application Deadline: February 1
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
All applicants to the MS Family Nurse Practitioner program must meet the following criteria:
- Baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program with a minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale) by the start of the program. Candidates may apply while their bachelor’s degree is in progress.
- Applicants must possess a current unrestricted, unencumbered license as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in New York State. (The applicant is required to report all licenses/registrations in all jurisdictions and/or states in which a license/registration is or has ever been held, including any registrations through occupational licensing boards or emergency medical services that the applicant holds or has ever held. This includes any active or inactive licenses/registrations that have ever been encumbered, disciplined, sanctioned or terminated at the time of application to the graduate program.)
- All applicants must demonstrate evidence of the equivalent of at least 2000 hours work experience as a RN by the start of the first semester of study.
- All applicants must demonstrate successful completion of an undergraduate course in basic statistics with a grade of C or better.
- All applicants must have completed a health assessment course with a grade of B or better. If it has been greater than 7 years since the applicant has taken the health assessment course, one may want to take the undergraduate health assessment course, NUR 314 as a refresher in preparation for the advanced health assessment course at the graduate level.
Application Materials Checklist
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502:
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcript(s) from colleges previously attended reflecting completion of both a BS in nursing and an undergraduate statistics course
- Two recommendations from professional nurses and/or nursing faculty members: Share this link with your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Writing Sample adhering to specific guidelines
- Professional Experiences Form
*The application fee is waived for military veterans, active-duty military, reserve and guard members, and their spouses and dependents; SUNY Poly alumni; and current matriculated students.