Fall start only. Spring admission is not available.
We are currently accepting applications to the FNP program for fall 2020 on a rolling basis. This is a competitive program and you are encouraged to get your application in soon, as seats will fill.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
All applicants to the MS Family Nurse Practitioner program must possess a baccalaureate degree with a major in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited program with a minimum 3.0 grade point average (on a 4.0 scale). Applicants must possess a current unrestricted, unencumbered license as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN) in New York State. (The applicant is required to report all licenses/registrations in all jurisdictions and/or states in which a license/registration is or has ever been held, including any registrations through occupational licensing boards or emergency medical services that the applicant holds or has ever held. This includes any active or inactive licenses/registrations that have ever been encumbered, disciplined, sanctioned or terminated at the time of application to the graduate program.) All applicants must demonstrate evidence of the equivalent of at least 2000 hours work experience as a RN by the start of the first semester of study. All applicants must demonstrate successful completion of an undergraduate course in basic statistics with a grade of C or better. All applicants must have completed an instructor observed lab/clinical based health assessment course with a grade of B or better, taken within five years of registering for NUR 566/567. (Applicants whose health assessment course is either unapproved or does not meet the lab/clinical component will be required to take SUNY Poly's undergraduate health assessment course (NUR 314) or graduate health assessment refresher course (NUR 514) in the summer prior to taking NUR 566/567. NUR 566/567 is taken in the first semester of study for all full-time students and taken in the third semester for all part-time students).
Application Materials Checklist
To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502:
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcript(s) from colleges previously attended reflecting completion of both a BS in nursing and an undergraduate statistics course
- Two academic or professional Reference Report Forms
- Share this link if you would like your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Writing Sample adhering to specific guidelines
- Professional Experiences Form
* The application fee is waived for: U.S. Veterans | SUNY Poly alumni & current matriculated undergraduate students.