Fall start only. Spring admission is available for part-time candidates only.
To be considered for admission, all applicants to the MS Network and Computer Security program must possess a baccalaureate degree with a major in network and computer security, computer science, computer information systems, electrical engineering, or a related field from an accredited university or college. In addition, coursework or a demonstrated proficiency in each of the following areas is required: computing fundamentals, unix/linux programming, computer organization, networking of information systems, discrete math, calculus, and statistics. Applicants must generally have an average of B or better (a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale). A GRE General Test score is generally required for consideration. For international applicants requiring proof of English proficiency, the minimum GRE score requirement for admission consideration is a 153 on the quantitative section and a 140 on the verbal section of the exam. Applicants not meeting the above admission criteria will be considered on an individual basis. Applicants with deficiencies in any area may be required to take appropriate pre-requisite coursework beyond the 33 graduate credit hours required for the MS program. Required pre-requisite coursework will be identified at the time of admission and will be built into the student’s plan of study.
Application Materials Checklist To apply submit the following materials to the SUNY Polytechnic Institute Graduate Admissions Office, 100 Seymour Road, Utica, NY 13502:
- Online Application for Graduate Admission with a $60 application fee*
- Official transcripts from colleges previously attended
- Official GRE score report** (The SUNY Poly school code for GRE score reporting is 2896)
- One academic or professional Reference Report Form
- Share this link if you would like your recommenders to be able to submit an electronic reference for you
- Résumé (can be submitted via email to email@example.com)
* The application fee is waived for: U.S. Veterans | SUNY Poly alumni & current matriculated undergraduate students ** Applicants with a 3.0+ GPA may request a GRE waiver based on strong undergraduate academic performance and/or relevant professional experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the waiver after the application has been submitted.
Application Deadline: July 1 for fall admission | This program does not offer a spring start.
SUNY Poly reserves the right to close admission at any time prior to the application deadline.