As a student in the RN to BS Nursing Program, you will explore various practicum experiences to enrich your nursing practice in community/public health, care management, and leadership. Students collaborate with their course instructor to plan individualized practicum experiences that meet their learning needs and professional goals. Students must verify they have a current, unencumbered nursing license for the state where they intend to complete their practicum hours and meet health clearance requirements before engaging in practicum courses.
Students complete a total of 135 hours of practicum experience as follows:
- NUR 444 Transformational Leadership: Learners complete a 45-hour practicum with an approved clinical nurse manager/leader as their mentor.
- NUR 475 Public Health Nursing Science: Learners complete a 67.5-hour practicum with an approved community or public health facility.
- NUR 478 Care Coordination and Management: Learners complete a 22.5-hour practicum with an approved health care organization.
Other Program Features
Online Health Assessment Lab
- NUR 314 Comprehensive Health Assessment: The lab component of this course allows learners to advance their real-world clinical skills during synchronous (virtual) lab sessions with a mock patient.
- NUR 490 Culminating Seminar: Learners have the opportunity to focus on real-world problems by creating and presenting an evidence-based project related to a select clinical practice issue.