This page hosts a repository of the various financial aid forms a student may need throughout their academic career. If you were instructed to fill out a specific form, you can download a copy below.
Please note: This is a comprehensive list of forms—you are not required to submit all forms.

  • Please complete all forms in ink.
  • Only original signatures will be accepted on a form (electronic or typed signatures are unacceptable).
  • Completed forms can be returned to the Financial Aid Office via postal mail, faxed to (315) 792-7220, or scanned/emailed as a PDF to
  • All documents submitted become the property of the SUNY Polytechnic Institute.

View and Download Forms

The Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) program is a grant program financed by New York State in conjunction with participating educational institutions throughout the state. The program provides up to $2,000 per year to help part-time undergraduate students meet their educational expenses. Students wishing to be considered for APTS must complete and submit this application to the Financial Aid Office. 



Students may be required to complete this form based on information our office received from their FAFSA. If this form is required, our office must collect additional documentation regarding the original and amended Federal Income Tax Returns filed.  


The Cost of Attendance (COA) - sometimes referred to as the “student budget” - estimates what it will cost a typical student to attend SUNY Polytechnic Institute for one academic year. In addition to providing students with a framework for the investment of a SUNY Poly degree, it also sets a limit on the amount of financial aid that a student can receive during the academic year (as required by federal regulations.) 


This document outlines instructions for the Federal Direct Loan borrowing process for undergraduate and graduate students, as well as parents. 


Recipients of the Excelsior Scholarship are required to maintain full-time enrollment and pass 30 credit hours per year toward their degree in order to maintain eligibility for the Excelsior Scholarship. Students who must take a break in enrollment or a reduced credit hour load may appeal these requirements if they meet certain conditions which made a break in enrollment or reduced credit hour load necessary. 


The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. FERPA gives parents certain rights with respect to their children's education records. Once a student turns 18 or enrolls in an institution of higher education, the rights belong to the student. Any student wishing to consent to the release of information can complete and submit this form to the Financial Aid Office.  The FERPA Agreement must be completed by the student and consent can be withdrawn, in writing, at any time.

Note: This FERPA Agreement form is valid for release of Bursar, Financial Aid and/or Registrar’s information only. A separate form may be required for other SUNY Polytechnic offices. 


Students enrolled and matriculated at SUNY Polytechnic Institute may receive financial aid for those courses taken at another institution if those courses are applicable to their program of study and are not offered by SUNY Poly during the term specified below.  In order to receive financial aid, federal regulations require that a Consortium Agreement must exist before a home institution can process financial aid for students attending another institution.


Current and returning students must use this form to request a one-time reinstatement of their financial aid (federal, state and/or institutional). All requests will be reviewed by the Financial Aid Appeals Committee and students will be notified via their campus email account of the decision.



The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) form is an application for federal student aid. Students need to complete the FAFSA form to apply for federal student aid such as federal grants, work-study funds, and loans.

Access FASFA


If a student’s FAFSA is selected for verification, they will need to complete this form in the presence of a Financial Aid Office staff person and provide an unexpired valid government-issued photo identification (ID), such as, but not limited to, a driver’s license, non-driver’s identification card, other State-issued ID or U.S. passport.

The New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) helps eligible New York residents pay tuition at approved schools in New York State. TAP is a grant program open only to residents of New York State.

Go To Page

If our office is notified that students are/were an “orphan, ward of the court, and/or were in foster care” based on information we receive from the FAFSA, they will be required to provide us with documentation that will support this status.

This documentation is required to disburse federal financial aid. 


If a student cannot obtain parental information to submit the FAFSA and want to be considered for a Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan, the student and their parent(s) must complete and sign all sections below and submit this form to the Financial Aid Office for review.


Students have the right to decline, reduce or return Pell Grant funds within the academic year in order to preserve eligibility for future semesters or enrollment periods. In order to decline, reduce or return all or a portion of your Pell Grant funds, you must submit this completed form to the Financial Aid Office.

Please note that Pell Grant funds may be canceled, reduced or returned within the academic year only.


Students wishing to reduce loans by returning a refund check to the Student Accounts Office (Bursar) may do so using this form. 


This form is for those students who do not meet the federal independence criteria as noted in the “Student Personal Circumstances” section of the FAFSA and feel that they have special circumstances that should be taken into consideration. Please note that this form cannot be used to request independence status for the NYS TAP award.  This must be done separately through HESC, as their criteria are different. 


Students and/or families who have experienced a reduction in income during the appropriate income years are encouraged to submit the Special Conditions Request Re-Evaluation of Federal Aid Eligibility. The Financial Aid Office will review the actual income, estimated income, and supporting documentation to determine if the student is eligible to receive additional federal student aid funds.

Please select the form that is most appropriate for the student’s tax filing status.  


Any student enrolled in summer semester classes and interested in using financial aid to cover part of their costs must submit the appropriate FAFSA and this Summer Financial Aid Application. 


If the U.S. Department of Education has determined a student has an unusual enrollment history (UEH) and was denied any additional Federal Title IV funds, this form and required information must be submitted to our office to assist in the determination of their federal financial aid eligibility.


Verification is the process our office uses to confirm the data reported on a student’s FAFSA is accurate. If a student’s FAFSA is selected for Verification, they must submit this form to the Financial Aid Office prior to awarding federal financial aid. 


Household Information Form Students may be required to complete this form based on information our office received from their FAFSA. This form may be required if students report a new marital status, family size was not reported, or a large number of family members was reported.


Household Information Form


Request More Information

Detailed information, brochures and forms can be mailed to you upon request.


Let's Start The Process     

Complete and submit your application to SUNY Polytechnic Institute.