First-Year Students: Let's Get Started!
You are considered a first-year student if you have never attended college after high school graduation. If you have taken college courses BEFORE high school graduation – regardless of the number of credit hours – you are still considered a first-year student.
Apply to the Utica or Albany Campus:
- Apply online by submitting the SUNY Application. The fee is $50. The SUNY Application allows you to apply to multiple SUNY schools with one application.
Apply online by submitting the Common Application. The fee is $50. The Common Application allows you to apply to over 500 participating schools with one application.
- Submit the following documents to the International Admissions Office at email@example.com:
- Official high school transcript
- Copy of your passport biography page
- 2 letters of recommendation (from a teacher and/or counselor)
- The SUNY Supplemental Application (if applying through the SUNY Application)
- Submit one of the following official score reports: TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, SAT, ACT.
SUNY Poly’s school codes are: TOEFL 2896, SAT 0755, ACT 2953.
Upon receipt of the above materials, your application will be reviewed and an admissions decision will be rendered.
After you have been accepted for admission, submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A Bank Statement showing proof of at least $34,298.30
- SUNY International Student Financial Statement (FSA4)
Your I20 will be issued following the review and approval of your financial documents.
Questions? Contact International Admissions & Student Services at email@example.com