- Certified Public Accountant, New York State
- M.A. (International Economics) 1988, University at Albany (SUNY)
- B.S. (Accounting and Finance) 1982, Syracuse University
- Deputy Budget Director (Project Development Finance), New York State Assembly Ways and Means Committee (1988-1997)
- Accountant (Tax/Business Planning), Silverstein & Loftus, CPA, P.C. (1984-1986)
- Accountant, Jacob Schulman & Co., CPA, P.C. (1983-1984)
- Financial Planner (Personal & Corporate), IDS/American Express (1982-1983)
- Governor's commendations for legislative achievement supporting business competitiveness and project development financing
- Albany-Colonie Chamber of Commerce MIKE Award (Mentoring, Inspiring, Knowledge and Entrepreneurship) for contributions to local economic growth
- Economic outreach and business development supporting CNSE's and UAlbany's global educational, scientific, community and economic growth objectives
- Project development financing and statutory authorization for industrial and university research, various public and private projects and regional innovation plans
- Strategic business plan development including technology road mapping, outreach strategies and commercialization pathways.
- Development of alternative technology partnership models and risk mitigation strategies for corporate and academic decision-making processes.
Project Development Achievements
- Secured targeted and peer reviewed awards for centers, consortia, programs, projects, and initiatives through industry, university and government partnerships.
- Implemented highly integrated statewide effort to attract advanced nanoelectronics R&D and manufacturing to state resulting in site selection by leading manufacturers.
- Negotiated state economic development, higher education, transportation, housing, state procurement, regulatory reform, energy and environmental programs.
- Designed economic development programs to assist strategic industries, strengthen regional infrastructure, and accelerate technology commercialization.