- Ph.D. Pennsylvania State University, Mass Communications, 2012
- M.A. Pennsylvania State University, Media Studies, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Harold F. Martin Graduate Assistant Outstanding Teaching Award 2011
Areas of Research
- Representations of the past in media
- Horror genre
- Mediated Nostalgia: Individual Memory and Contemporary Mass Media, Lexington Press (2014).
- “The ‘Looking Into the Past’ Photographs: Comparing and Sharing the Past.” Visual Communication Quarterly (accepted for publication; forthcoming 2016).
- “Bioshock: Complex and Alternate Histories.” Game Studies: The International Journal of Computer Game Research, 14.1 (2014).
- “Scott Pilgrim vs. Hegemony: Nostalgia, Remediation, and Heteronormativity.” Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics, 4.2 (2013): 245-256.
- COM 242: Field and Studio Video Production
- COM 341: Video and Communication
- COM 350: Visual Thinking and Writing
- COM/IDS 380: Critical Perspectives on Digital Society
- IDS 302: Postmodernism and Popular Culture
- IDT 501: Social Information Theory
- IDT 510: Social Media
- IDT 507: Information Technologies
- IDT 523: Digital Narratives
- IDT 590: Topics: Visual Thinking and Digital Media
- CID and IMGD program coordinator