PhD, Mechanical Engineering, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, 2004
Area of Expertise
- Coordination and control of networked multi-robot systems and cyber-physical systems
- Robotic manufacturing
- Kinematic / dynamic modeling and control of robots and other dynamic systems under constraints and uncertainties
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Mobile robot localization and navigation
- Robotic and sensing technologies for surgical, assistive, and rehabilitative applications
- Robotic and sensing technologies to enhance the efficiency and reliability of energy utilization
- Signal and image processing
- X. Zhong, Y. Zhou, and H. Liu, “Design and recognition of artificial landmarks for reliable self-localization of mobile robots”, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, January-February 2017.
- Y. Zhou, K. Thiruvalluvan, L. Krzeminski, W. H. Moore, Z. Xu, and J. Liang, “Robotic needle biopsy of lung nodules with respiratory motion – preliminary study”, International Journal of Medical Robotics and Computer Assisted Surgery, vol.9, no.3, pp.317-330, 2013.
- S. Chu, P. Wei, X. Wang, and Y. Zhou, “Deployment of a connected reinforced backbone network with a limited number of backbone nodes”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, vol.12, no.6, pp.1188-1200, 2013.
- Y. Zhou, “A closed-form algorithm for the least-squares trilateration problem”, ;Robotica, vol.29, no.3, pp.375-389, 2011.
- W. Park, Y. Liu, Y. Zhou, M. Moses, and G. S. Chirikjian, “Kinematic state estimation and motion planning for stochastic nonholonomic systems using the exponential map”, Robotica, vol.26, no.4, pp.419-434, 2008.
- Y. Zhou, and G. S. Chirikjian, “Conformational statistics of semiflexible macromolecular chains with internal joints”, Macromolecules, vol.39, no.5, pp.1950-1960, 2006.
- Y. Wang, Y. Zhou, D. K. Masken, and G. S. Chirikjian, “Solving phase-noise Fokker-Planck equations using the motion-group Fourier transform”, IEEE Transactions on Communications, vol.54, no.5, pp.868-877, 2006.
- A. Jain, Y. Zhou, T. Mustufa, C. Burdette, G. S. Chirikjian, and G. Fichtinger, “Matching and reconstruction of brachytherapy seeds using the Hungarian algorithm (MARSHAL)”, Medical Physics, vol.32, no.11, pp.3475-3492, 2005.
- A. Jain, T. Mustafa, Y. Zhou, C. Burdette, G. S. Chirikjian, and G. Fichtinger, “FTRAC-a robust fluoroscope tracking fiducial”, Medical Physics, vol.32, no.10, pp.3185-3198, 2005.
- Y. Zhou, “On the planar stability of rigid-link binary walking robots”, Robotica, vol.21, no.6, pp.667-675, 2003.
- Y. Zhou, and G. S. Chirikjian, “Conformational statistics of bent semiflexible polymers”, Journal of Chemical Physics, vol.119, no.9, pp.4962-4970, 2003.
- Y. Zhou, D. Wirtz, and G. S. Chirikjian, “Determining the Gaussian probability distribution of the best-fit ellipsoid of revolution for a polymer chain from planar projections”, Inverse Problems, vol.19, no.3, pp.725-738, 2003.
- G. S. Chirikjian, Y. Zhou, and J. Suthakorn, “Self-replicating robots for lunar development”, IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol.7, no.4, pp.462-472, 2002.