Scope: Design, fabrication and characterization of wide bandgap power semiconductor devices
- Develop efficient, rugged, and reliable power semiconductor devices;
- Develop low-cost, reliable, repeatable process baseline to fabricate semiconductor devices;
- Develop next generation power devices on novel materials such as SiC, homogeneous GaN, Ga2O3, AlN, and Diamond;
- Explore materials, packaging of devices, and applications to demonstrate efficient semiconductor power electronics;
- Explore other areas to apply and extend knowledge gained from semiconductor devices;
- Educate and train undergrad, graduate students to support the missions.