The SITNet ID holder is responsible for all activity from the account. To avoid use by anyone else, keep the password confidential, change it periodically and do not save it in e-mail clients or browsers.
- Go to http://banner.sunypoly.edu
- Click Enter Secure Area.
- Login credentials for First Login
User Id: University Number (9 character code beginning with a capital letter printed on your acceptance letter)
PIN: Your six character birthdate (mmddyy, where yy is the last two digits of the year you was born)
- Click Login
- Re-enter your initial PIN
- Create a new password (PIN). Click here for password requirements
- Re-enter your new password.
- Click Login
- Create a security question and answer for your account. In the future, you must correctly answer your security question to change your password. Click Submit.
- Click Continue to accept the Terms of Usage.
- Your SITNet username is shown in boldface on the last screen.
- From this point on, you may login to Banner with your SITNet ID. Your SITNet ID and SUNY Polytechnic Institute e-mail will be ready within an hour.
**SUNY Poly e-mail is used for official SUNY Poly communications**
SITNet passwords must be updated annually to keep the SITNet ID active.
To lookup your SitNet ID or email address, login to banner and click on the Personal Information tab
SITNet ID Problems
Report problems with your SITNet ID to ITS Help Desk by phone (315) 792-7440 (ext. 7440 on-campus) or via the web at helpdesk.sunypoly.edu.
You can also email the Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org