The process for application, approval and registration has been streamlined to make it easier for you to get the classes you want or need. Just follow these simple steps:
- Review the Course Schedule by going to our website and searching the course listing.
- Select a class or classes that work for you. Please look for open slots in the class, noted in the “AVL” column. If there is a “0” listed, look for another class that has availability. Also look in the “Notes:” column to see if there are any pre-requisites or restrictions for the class.
- Write down the “CRN”, the “Subj” and “Crs” for your preferred class. Example: CRN 1115, BUS 101
- Complete the Non-Matriculated Student Application (pdf).
- Submit completed application along with a copy of your unofficial college transcript to the appropriate office:
Office of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) | email@example.com | Fax: 315-792-7278 | Phone: 315-792-7270
Graduate Admissions Office | firstname.lastname@example.org | Fax: 315-792-7221 | Phone: 315-792-7347
Note: if you are requesting a graduate course, your unofficial transcript must have your bachelor’s degree posted on it.
- Wait to hear back from the appropriate office regarding next steps.
- As a non-degree student, you are limited to 16 undergraduate credit hours or 6 graduate credit hours. Exceptions to that rule are allowed if you have been accepted into a program in a future term or with approval from the Department Chair.
- Some classes are restricted to matriculated students only. You will be notified immediately if you have requested a class that is restricted.
- As soon as our matriculated students have had an opportunity to pre-register, non-degree requests will be reviewed. Requests are reviewed on a first-come basis, so be sure to apply early!
- Non-degree students are ineligible from receiving federal and state financial aid (TAP, Pell, Federal Direct Student Loan, etc.) for courses taken at SUNY Polytechnic Institute. However, a student may apply for a private student loan through a lender of his/her choice. Please contact the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com or 315-792-7210 for additional information.