The mission of Health Promotion Services is to provide students with the most relevant and current information that will prepare them to lead healthy lives while at college and long after leaving the learning environment.
Wellness is not simply the absence of disease or illness but is actively pursued with the goal of feeling in good health. It is realizing the benefits, risks and/or consequences associated with everyday decisions. A healthier lifestyle can be achieved through behavior modification and requires the motivation to improve the quality of your life and the lives of those around you.
- To engage students to gain control over and make behavior changes necessary to improve personal health and wellness.
- To place value on personal well-being as a necessity to learn, be productive and contribute to society in everyday life.
- To encourage a balance of mind, body and spirit.
- To create an environment that promotes and supports well-being, for the entire campus community.
- To provide current, reliable and accurate health information to the college community through print, email and verbal communications.
- To provide proper guidance and referrals when necessary and appropriate.
- To assess services provided and continually strive to make improvements where necessary.
- Alcohol/substance use/abuse prevention, education and referrals
- Smoking cessation services including free NRT
- Prevention focused programs with health guidance and referral
- Flu vaccination clinics
- Current health-related educational literature/resources
- Therapeutic massage “Feel Good Fridays” and a Relaxation Room featuring a heated shiatsu massage chair
- Birth control barrier methods and safer sex supplies including a variety of condoms (male and female), dental dams, lubricants and sexual health education.
- Feminine hygiene products
Interested in Quitting Smoking or Vaping?
The Wellness Center is here to help you quit for good!
- Individualized appointments for education and support services
- FREE Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) products available such as the patch and gum
Quitting smoking greatly reduces the risk of developing smoking-related diseases.
To schedule an appointment or for more information please call The Wellness Center at (315) 792-7172 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All students pay a health fee that entitles them to the full complement of Health Promotion services offered by the Wellness Center.