The SUNY Poly Wellness Center provides short term, episodic health care services for all students, full and part-time, during the academic year (fall and spring semesters). Services provided at the Wellness Center are covered under the mandatory Health Service Fee thus no charge is incurred. We do not bill third party insurance companies, nor the student.
A health history and physical exam must be on file for medical evaluation and treatment.
The Wellness Center provides support and assistance with the interpretation and management of health related problems, some of which may be chronic in nature. We attempt to assist each student with the resolution of health problem(s) with a minimum of disruption to the student's class schedule. The staff utilizes a wide variety of educational materials to promote positive health behaviors, informed consumerism and the development of personal responsibility for one's own health care. The Wellness Center is committed to providing health services that are easily accessible, non-threatening and confidential.
Confidentiality is of utmost importance. The student’s private health-related information is only shared with the written permission of the student.
The Wellness Center, an integrated center is located in the Campus Center, Suite 217 and provides evaluation and treatment of health-related and mental health concerns for all students, full and part-time.
During the semester, office hours are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Appointments are recommended, however walk-ins will be accommodated accordingly.
Medical services are provided by a physician, nurse practitioner, a registered nurse and medical assistants. These clinicians are sensitive to the unique health needs of students attending college.
Medical evaluation, treatment & follow-up care:
- Sick Care: colds & other respiratory infections, rashes, eye/ear infections, urinary tract infections, fever, sore throat, nausea, vomiting & diarrhea, etc.
- Injury Care: sprains/strains, abrasions/cuts/bruises, minor burns, joint pain, etc.
- Preventive health care: testing for sexual transmitted diseases (STD’s), GYN exams & pap smears, birth control, etc.
- Blood work/laboratory work:
- On Campus - NYS Limited Laboratory certification allows the ability to perform on-site specific medical tests (i.e. blood glucose, mono, strep throat, HIV, pregnancy, etc.) to assist with diagnosis and treatment
- Off Campus - LabCorp, a nationally recognized laboratory facility collects specimens as ordered by the SUNY Poly clinicians. The utilization information (medical insurance billing information, current address, etc.) and fees (co-pays, deductibles, etc.), provided by LabCorp are the student's responsibility.
- Medications: limited prescription & over the counter
- Medical Equipment/Supplies: crutches, band-aids, cough drops, condoms/lubricants, ace bandages, ice packs, etc.
- Referrals: to private practitioners, community agencies, etc.
Information coming soon.