While compliance with the law is everyone's responsibility, oversight of SUNY Polytechnic Institute's compliance with Title IX is the responsibility of the Title IX Coordinator. SUNY Poly has appointed a Title IX Coordinator and a Deputy Coordinator to resolve complaints and address issues of sex based discrimination and sexual misconduct.
Questions or concerns regarding Title IX should be directed to one of the following:
Title IX Coordinator
|Student Center, S228
100 Seymour Road
Utica, NY 13502
257 Fuller Road
Albany, NY 12203
Dr. Mark Montgomery
Deputy Title IX Coordinator
Why does SUNY Poly have Title IX Coordinators?
Title IX requires all school districts, colleges, and universities receiving Federal financial assistance to designate at least one employee to coordinate Title IX compliance. The Title IX Coordinators, with the assistance of the Title IX Working Group, play essential roles in helping ensure that every person affected by the operations of an educational institution are aware of their rights under Title IX.
What are the roles and responsibilities of the Title IX Coordinators?
With the support of the Title IX Working Group, SUNY Poly Title IX Coordinators work to ensure Title IX compliance by:
- Assisting with the collection and analysis of information from climate surveys
- Coordinating SUNY Poly’s responses to all complaints involving possible sex discrimination
- Monitoring outcomes on Title IX issues and assessing the effects on the campus climate
- Assisting with the communication of SUNY Poly Title IX policies and procedures on sex discrimination
- Training the campus community on sex discrimination prevention and response, including sexual harassment and sexual violence
- Providing information about available remedies and resources to those affected by Title IX issues
- Maintaining a centralized record of reports and complaints for all investigations of sex discrimination
- Identifying, addressing and resolving patterns
For additional information on how to disclose an incident of sex discrimination to a Title IX Coordinator who can offer privacy and provide information about remedies, accommodations, evidence preservation and available resources, please see SUNY Poly’s Sexual Violence Response Policy and Options for Confidentially Disclosing Sexual Violence documents posted under Policies & Procedures.