In compliance with the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act, SUNY Poly has adopted and implemented a comprehensive program to prevent the illicit use of alcohol and other drugs, high risk drinking and substance abuse by students and employees. Every two years the College conducts a review (Biennial Review) of its prevention program to determine its effectiveness and to ensure that the sanctions developed by the College are consistently enforced. In order to identify and implement any necessary changes, these reviews are completed by the SUNY Poly Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Prevention Task Force.
The AOD Prevention Task Force is a joint collaboration of campus partners who contribute to student and employee health and wellness, success, retention, and graduation rates through the implementation of a comprehensive campus Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP). The DAAPP was developed for the prevention of underage and high-risk drinking, and illegal drug use. The AOD Prevention Task Force is also responsible for distributing notice of the Policy on Drugs and Alcohol, implementing evidence-based education programs and developing environmental strategies to prevent and reduce high risk drinking, illegal drug use, and other associated high-risk behaviors.
The Prevention Task Force meets monthly at the Wellness Center, Campus Center Suite 217 or via Zoom meeting. If you are interested in becoming a member of the AOD Prevention Task Force please contact the Vice President for Student Affairs at email@example.com
The AOD Prevention Task Force members include:
- Marybeth Lyons, Vice President for Student Affairs
- Jennifer Adams, Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs/Director of Residential Life and Housing
- Gary Bean, Chief of University Police
- Megan Wyett-Lennon, Director of Community Standards and Student Involvement
- Stacey Genther, Interim Coordinator Wellness Center/Health Promotion Coordinator
- Christina Scriber, Benefits Administrator, Human Resources
- Michael Alsheimer, Director of Financial Aid
- Jennifer George, Care Team Case Manager
- Kelly Colbert, Assistant Athletic Director/SWA for Compliance and Eligibility
Next Biennial Review: 2020-2022 (to be completed by December 31, 2022)